Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Christmas

By Micah Jacobson

This is one of my favorite times of the year. It’s time for family and friends, reflecting on the past year and pondering the message the season brings. Something I always admired about this time of the year is the increase in selflessness and giving, even though budgets are more strained than any other time of the year.


Something fun that we did in history class with Professor Davey was design and build a set of blocks. We were to create a known structure with no more than $10.00 worth of wood. There were many creative pieces of architecture made by our class, some were; Hagia Sofia, the Parthenon, Great Pyramid, Notre Dame, Stone Hinge and many more. I built the Willis (formerly Sears) Tower. It was a fun project to work on. We were able to present the blocks to the Salvation Army and Marines Corps to distribute to children for Christmas presents. What a great feeling to know that something I created would be used to bring joy to a child on Christmas!

Another great thing about Christmas is being out of school! What a nice break after a busy semester. My wife and I will return home to Columbia Missouri to visit our family. I hope everybody has a great holiday break. Check out the fun card below found at: http://www.designboom.com/weblog/cat/9/view/1844/the-architects-christmas-tree.html

No comments:

Post a Comment