Thursday, May 10, 2012

Last Grad Blog

By Zachary Collins Well SIUC, you have been my home for the past 4 years and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. I have had an amazing college experience here and I’ve received a great education. I’m happy I chose this as my alumni school and I hope the architecture program progresses as the years go on. To everyone else, this is my last blog entry for my graduate career. It’s been one crazy, fun, hectic ride, but we are almost done with Grad school. Summer thesis left, and we are DONE! I’m guessing most of us are counting the days to be someone who holds a Masters degree in their hands. It will be an amazing feeling of accomplishment. Here is what will be going on in my near future. As for my thesis, my main focus now is implementing every single thing possible into this building that relates to the Joshua Tree via the concept of biomimicry. This includes passive and active systems, the aesthetics of the building, and all site design. It’s going to be a long hard process, but I’m confident I will pull through with an amazing project. After graduating I am moving to Orlando, Florida where I have a job lined up working for Maverick Architectural Designs. They are a hospitality focused firm, which is exactly what my passion in architecture is for. I am excited for starting my new life in Florida and cannot wait for what the future holds for me. On a final note, I just want to wish all my fellow graduates the best of luck this summer on their thesis and for their futures. I hope this won’t be the last time I see them. I leave you with this final message: “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” - Seneca, Roman Philosopher. Make your new beginning worth ending the last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment