Monday, May 9, 2016

The Last Blog


By: Megan Crider

This is the last blog of the semester – and the last one I will have to write.  It is the end of April (the 27th to be exact).  Graduation is two and a half weeks away…. I. Can’t. Believe. It.  This is crazy! We are almost finished with grad school – it seems like we have only merely begun.  School normally goes by quickly anyway (in my opinion), but this feels like it has gone by even faster. 
This has been a great experience.  I truly have enjoyed getting to know my fellow classmates.  Our class is such a diverse group of people with a wealth of different experiences and backgrounds.  It has been exciting to meet and develop relationships with them.  The student-instructor dynamic has also been a more rewarding one.  I feel like, as graduate students, we are viewed more as colleagues and less as students.  That changes the whole ‘feel’ of the classroom – it seems more professional and there is a different level of mutual respect.

Don’t get me wrong though, there have been some trying times (isn’t there always though?).  Times where we thought, “eff it, I already have a degree” and times when we have wanted to pull our hair out.  And I am quite certain that tears may have been shed at other times.  But through it all, we have stuck together and have weathered the storms of graduate school – and it has been worth it.  We are almost there! I am looking forward to graduating and completing my thesis and beginning the chapters of my life that begin after school.

1 comment:

  1. Greenline Architects is a team of Best and Experienced Architects who provide a range of consultancy varying from Luxury Homes to Affordable Row Houses, Commercial, Institutional, Interior, Platting and Landscape to Factory and Vastu designing.
    GREENLINE, FACEBOOK, PINTREST, YOUTUBE

    ReplyDelete