Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thank You, Rhea...


Rhea Williamson, long time receptionist/secretary for the School of Architecture, passed away October 1 at age 85. She retired from the school approximately three years ago. Everyone in the School of Architecture during her many years as receptionist will remember Rhea for her warm smile and for the candy dish she kept stocked on her desk for students! Rhea loved visits from our students. The candy dish is still there and is kept stocked for those times when students need a quick free snack.

Rhea Williamson will be greatly missed! She was loved by generations of students at SIUC!

Image above from John Dobbins' yard of an Encore Azalea now in bloom.

1 comment:

  1. It's a bummer to read this. I struggled with some of the faculty there as I worked on my undergraduate degree in ID, and Rhea was always one of the people you could be certain would be kind to you on the 4th floor of Quigley... Sandy too. This is really sad, but she had a great life and I will be very happy if I get 85 years in this world. Rhea was a really good and kind person and she treated me with total kindness in every interaction. She also knew how hard things were for me, and did everything she could, at every turn to help me out. I loved Rhea.

    RIP
    Brian H. Edmondson, BS, Interior Design 1990

    ReplyDelete