Monday, April 1, 2013

Visualizing Architecture


Visualizing Architecture II
By: Sam Harshman

Today I am going to show a few more pictures from my Visualizing Architecture class.  One of the goals for the class is to throw together a "Southern Illinois picture book."  The pictures im showing today are all based on that.  Most of these pictures are from a photo shoot under a train overpass in Southern Carbondale.  For fun I am also throwing in a picture from a parade in Marion, Illinois.  (The pictures are all unedited for now.)

Picture 1
I know this is sort of a cliché picture of train tracks, but during this "shoot" it was            snowing off and on, so it had some cool effects on the picture.  One of the things that       make this picture work is that the vanishing point is in the middle.  It makes it easier to      look at the picture and know what it is about.  The other major thing that I like about the             picture is that it vanishes gradually until it all looks grey.  I'm going to put two pictures     under this one.  They are basically the same picture, except there is a contrast difference.

 












Picture 2
This picture deals with texture. I love the texture on the old piece of wood and the texture of the dead grass around it. This picture also tells a story of where the wood come from. If you notice the background is of the train tracks where this piece of wood originally came from.
 











Picture 3
I need to work on this next picture. I liked the color contrast in this graffiti so I took a picture of it. In this particular picture, the reflection of the sky washes out the colors further down the wall.










Picture 4
I took this picture a while ago, even before this class, but I like the way it captures the city of Marion.  This was during a parade that goes through Marion's town square.  The clock tower sort of captures the history of Marion.  On a second note, I used to be on a volunteer fire department, so I am sort of attached to fire trucks and anything related to firefighting.  (You may remember the picture of a hydrant a few blogs ago.)




No comments:

Post a Comment