Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Survey Continues….

By Yuko Aoki


The purpose of my survey is to collect data about human well-being in a single housing environment. Happiness is phenomenal and is different, depending on a person.

In my last blog, I introduced how SIUC students or faculty compose research, surveys, interviews, etc. The Human Subjects Committee just approved my survey, so my next step is to spread the survey to the world. Right now, I have about forty Japanese and twenty Americans who would participate in taking the survey.

The survey has six pages using Survey Monkey, which is an internet based survey service website.

The first page is explaining about me and the survey.

The second page is background questions.

The third page is how people feel or think about their home in regard to living longer and life satisfaction.

The fourth page is about neighborhood relationship.

The fifth page is how people reduce stress and feel comfort inside and outside of their home.

The last page asks about happiness and comfort in the home and how it can be improved.

I hope to collect data from a total of 200 or possibly more people from 18 to over 90 years old.

Since I got my approval with only email solicitation, I cannot paste the link to the survey here. If you are reading this blog and have an interest in taking the survey, please email me at aokiy4@siu.edu. I will send you the link. Your information will be kept confidential.

Image is from http://www.applied-corporate-governance.com/free-online-survey-tools.html

No comments:

Post a Comment