Thursday, December 13, 2012

Case Study



Thesis Case Study
By: Sam Harshman
I'm going to use this blog to brainstorm/ plan out my case study for my thesis project.  Just real quick if you don't already know, my thesis is based in Little Rock/ North Little Rock, and will pertain to completing a bike trail with parks and designing a bike shop on a little strip on the Little Rock side of the Arkansas River. 
This Christmas break, I plan on making a trip to Little Rock to visit the site and interview some people who use the trail.  Some of the things I will ask will be
            1.  How often do you use the trail?
            2.  What do you use the trail for?
            3.  What do you like about the trail?
            4.  What do you not like about the trail?
            5.  Do you own a bike, roller blades, etc...?
            6.  If answer to 5 is no, do/would you rent any of the mentioned devices?
The answers I get will help me design the trails and parks along the river.  It may even answer some crucial questions about the bike shop and how big it would need to be or if this is even the right site for the project.
The more research that I do on this project, the more I think about choosing another city that has nothing like Little Rock has, and develop a riverfront bike trail system for a city that needs it.  This is a question that I need to answer this Christmas break in order for me to continue on my thesis.  Any feedback would be nice. Thanks, and have a nice Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment