Monday, December 3, 2012

Thanksgiving



Thanksgiving
By: Sam Harshman
Thanksgiving break was greatly needed this year for a couple of reasons.  Firstly, to see family.  Secondly to catch up on homework.  Every year my parents, my brother, my wife and I head out to good ole' Orange County, Indiana to my mother's aunt's house to celebrate Thanksgiving.  About twenty to thirty family members show up every year.  This is the only time my family gets together so everyone tries to show up.  Now that I'm married though, I get to go to two Thanksgiving dinners.  This is great because now I get to see double the family I used to see and I get double the food.  The only downside to this is that I have to leave my family's get together way to early now.  I guess this is just a perk to being married.
The second reason was so that I could catch up on homework...  Or so I told myself.  Since my brother was home from school as well, he wanted to hang out as much as possible.  This could have only meant one thing... more procrastination.  I kept telling myself that I would be ok and kept pushing stuff off until the next day.  Eventually Sunday night came and... well you can guess... I did not get done what I told myself I was going to do. 
I did learn a couple of things this Thanksgiving break, however.
            1. DO NOT PROCRASTINATE
                        I tell myself every year to not procrastinate, but every year, I procrastinate.                                Funny how that works.  Maybe it has something to do with being an                                                architecture student.
The second was
            2. Family is the most important thing in life.
                        Having to chose between homework and family was tough.  I kept telling my                             brother and parents that I could not hang out because I had to much homework to                           get done.  I always felt bad after telling them that because, I did not get to see                             them as much as I would have liked.
I hope that these things that I learned over break, push me through the end of this semester, and on through the next two.  I need a big push, because I am ready to move on from school and start in the real world.  Until next time, Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment