Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tom Sawyer

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
By: Adulsak Otto Chanyakorn

Tom Sawyer is boy who lives in the Mississippi River town. He lives with Aunt Polly and his half-brother Sid. He is a vivid and playful boy. He always comes up with new ways to play. He engages his friends with interesting manners. Tom makes the boring job like painting Aunt Polly’s fence become fascinating work for his friends who even give him their marbles in exchange for letting them do his job. He makes every day a fun and exciting day, and tomorrow is the day to look forward to. Tom never gives up with obstacle on his playful times. Often, he will have his adventure with his buddy Huck Finn who all the boys in the town think is the coolest boy. So, every boy wants to be friend with him, but their parents never let their kids to go close to him. Tom and Huck Finn sometimes create their own adventures together. Often, their adventures take them to face difficult problems such as seeing unforgettable incidents and getting lost in a dark and labyrinthine cave. Tom sometimes sees the darkness and foolishness of the adult world through his naïve and wonderful mind. However, the dark side of human nature never stops his playful and vivid mind. The world is a big playground for him and his friends. He creates the joyful and endless experience of childhood. He wakes up with profound passion for his adventurous life.

The adventures of Tom Sawyer is a book by the great American author Mark Twain, which recalls my passion for architecture. As an architectural student, I wake up every day with eagerness to improve my design. I want to spend my day drawing and building models. Even though, the project I am doing is not real, I‘m happy to see my architectural imagination manifest itself to become tangible. My dream of seeing people use the buildings I design is pleasant and joyful since it contributes knowledge and architectural passion to our society. My dream is to see the beauty of art become an important part of my life. Tom Sawyer is a boy who influences me to look at this world as a wonderful place, to look to my life as a remarkable journey, to look to friends as a wonderful gift. I go to studio with eagerness to see friends, to talk to professors, to share my architectural passion with people who understand and communicate in the same language with me. I see the studio as a place of creativity for architecture students, a place in the architectural school that will create future architects who care about building a better world together and contributing themselves to our society.

No comments:

Post a Comment