Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Last Blog


By Meghan Shanahan


Blog time and it is the last blog that we will be writing. I am not going to lie, I am glad that this is the last blog, writing blogs while trying to hurry so I turn it in on time, but also knowing that I have a big thesis presentation later in the day. It has also been nice seeing all the fun things that I was able to experience in my time that I have spent in Carbondale, and also the amazing things I got to experience generally while in graduate school.
Over the weekend I was able to experience something absolutely amazing and that was I was honored to be a bridesmaid in one of my best friends wedding. She married her soul mate and I was lucky enough to not only be there for them. The wedding was an absolute blast and I was so happy to have such an amazing time before crunch time started at school.
But back in Carbondale on Monday I was back to the grind, working on my thesis project and also working on my twenty-page research paper that is due for professor Davey’s history class.  While also counting down the days thinking man we are so close to the end. There are seventeen days till we walk for graduation and there is officially one hundred days till we have completed our master’s degree and officially will have an MArch! An extra bonus is that in one hundred days I will officially be moving back to Chicago!
Till then I have been working extremely hard on my research paper.  I am writing about the city of Teotihuacan, which is located in Mexico. The city is about 30 miles northeast of Mexico City and is a popular historical site to for visitors. The name “Teotihuacan” has many meanings, but all the meanings generally different variations of “place where gods were born.” In the city there is a main road that multiple architecture structures and monuments are located on. This road is called the Avenue of the Dead, it is the main connection for all of the circulations. On the most North edge of the city is the Pyramid of the Moon, which is the second largest pyramid in the city. The Pyramid of the Moon stands 140 feet tall and was used for different religious and cultural ceremonies, the same as the Pyramid of the Sun. The Pyramid of the Sun is the largest Pyramid, standing 216 feet tall and is the most significant piece of Teotihuacan, and you are still able to go and climb the pyramid to this day. It is a very interesting place to not only learn about, but to also go visit.
Well everyone this is the end of my blog, I hope you enjoyed my time with you writing blogs, and I wish you all the best. Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment