Monday, November 1, 2010

Wiped

By Jessica Grafton

I ran out of energy completely this week and so am diverting from the furniture technologies blog that I had promised. My brain is pretty much mush at this point, and so I decided to write about the importance of sleep and how much I miss it. I know we’ve all been there.

Obviously budgeting your time is a huge factor in getting an appropriate amount of sleep as an architecture student. Sometimes though, if you’re a perfectionist, like me, it’s hard to say enough is enough and I’m done. I’m finally realizing that school is a preparation, and even if we think we can do it all, these projects are meant to be time restrictive. It’s about spreading yourself thin awhile still being able to tell the story or choose the content that gives the most information.

It’s generally not possible to do everything in a project perfectly, and that is a hard lesson to learn for someone like me, who might possibly be a little OCD, lol. I drive myself crazy and stay up all hours of the night trying to get everything just right, and wow is it wearing me down. I look at those of you who can just sit down, accomplish a task, and just move on to the next stress-free thing in awe.

So as of now, I’m changing my routing and I’m going to try to do all the things they say you need to do to stay healthy and energized to cut down my stress level. The goal is to: exercise regularly, eat healthy, get 8 hrs of sleep at night, and learn to not fret over every little detail. I’m really hoping I can pull it off…I think I can, I think I can…….I’ll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment