Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Final relief....

By Zac Collins

I am glad to say that our final presentations for Fall studio are finished! The countless hours of work we all put in and the all-nighters definitely made for a day of great presentations on Friday, December 9th. I want to congratulate everyone on a job well done. I know we have all been stressed out over this project, but overall the gallery looked amazing with all our presentations and models on display. I’m guessing most of you feel this way, but for me, I was happy how my project turned out.

I believe most or all of us enjoyed presentations…I know I did. Usually, I hate presentations, but this semester I was looking forward to them. This was the first presentation that I was not nervous before or during. I felt very comfortable with my group and I was confident in my design. Also, this was a first that we presented literally all day. We arrived in the gallery around 7:30 a.m. and went to 5:30 p.m. with an hour lunch break. It makes for a long day, but a successful day. Let me just say that after the day was over we were all looking forward to our after presentation celebrations! I had a great time with everyone at Rustle Hill Winery and Keywest!

I would also like to say that I appreciate all the architects and professors that came to be jurors and critique our work. The discussions we had were very helpful and informative. I would like to thank Chad and Shannon for their hard work during the semester and for getting the jurors for presentations, along with preparing the gallery and supplying breakfast, coffee, juice etc for Friday morning. Overall, Friday was a success and I can say for once in my college career that I enjoyed presenting and using it as a major learning experience.

In closing, good luck to everyone on their final projects, papers, and submissions during finals week. Also I want to wish all my graduate friends a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Please be safe and have a nice, well-deserved break from classes. Oh, and as a final note, everyone should be working on their thesis! (haha). See you in the spring semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment