Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Redbull Gives You Wings!

By Matthew Owens

As I write now our final presentation for design studio is due in thirty-two hours. When you think about it thirty-two hours seems a long time, I mean that is the equivalent of three eight hour work days. If someone told you that you have three days to do something, you might think you have substantial time. It seems slightly different when the thirty two hours come consecutively and without sleep, which of course is in the manner in which I will be spending my next two thirty-two hours, made more difficult from the fact that the previous two days have been without sleep as well. If you have done the math that’s nearly four straight days of none stop work with little to no sleep! How could this be possible? Redbull that’s how! It really does give you wings as advertised.

I have had a steady diet of Redbull over the past week. As Dave Chappelle stated in a skit he did on his show “Redbull, it’s like crack in a can.” How else do you stay up for four straight days short of drugs? But staying up is only part of it, you have to be productive as well. Redbull also claims to vitalize and stimulate the body and mind. This is important in the productive part of working for four straight days. All that is probably b s anyway, all I know is that is helps me stay awake when raging in the studio for four days with no sleep.

It is said that Redbull is bad for you, I believe it. Anything that can keep you going this long without sleep has to be terrible for you. I find it helpful to balance out the Redbull, with some Gatorade or some vitamin water. It’s most important to stay hydrated during these long hours!

Good luck to my classmates finishing up studio this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment