Thursday, April 12, 2012

Missouri Botanical Gardens

By Micah Jacobson

I had a chance to visit the Missouri Botanical Gardens this last weekend. It was a great trip and a lot of fun. I admired the magnificent array of flowers trees, and shrubs. One of my favorite places in the garden is the Japanese garden. This is a great example of the traditional Japanese garden. It is a beautiful place.
My other favorite thing was not a garden at all, it was the dome that surrounds the tropical garden. It is a geodesic dome, with a picture of Bucky in the entry way. I pointed to it and showed my in-laws. As they took pictures of the trees, flowers and carnivorous plants I stared and clipped pictures of the dome. The details of its construction were amazing. I would encourage anyone in the area to check it out




No comments:

Post a Comment