Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Thesis Review

By Laura Thomas

As the semester comes to an end, grads have their second thesis review. We were allowed one 4'x8' panel and expected to have a site plan, floor plans, elevations, sections, and other. Presentations are across the board from very simple to very graphic. Mine are very simple, straight forward, to the point, and also very bland. Most students have theme boards that play off of their thesis. Since my thesis is a hospice, I'm struggling on this. I want the building to celebrate life, to be a place of solace, an quiet, peaceful ending to a full and memorable life. How am I supposed to graphically represent that? The only background I can think of putting is a serene sunset. Sigh, I will need to resolve this before the final defense.

What's next? On Wednesday I will present and respond to critiques and comments of my committee. Then it's push push push. From here on out, it's all about thesis. I'm excited to finally be able to concentrate on it but dreading that I'm going to get so sick of working on nothing but thesis for the next few months that I will get burnt out on it. I've attached my boards of where I currently am on the project and am looking forward that the next boards will be my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment