Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Innovation in Corporate Furniture

By Jessica Grafton

One of the best things about my internship this past year was getting the opportunity to work with and become more knowledgeable about new innovations in office furniture. There are amazing new technologies out there that are making the way we work more efficient and more multi-functional. Whether its ergonomics, media, or mobility, furniture is adapting in the design world to be a more versatile aspect of the day to day work routine.

I don’t know about all of you, but I like to be comfortable when I work, and that usually involves sitting in bed with my laptop so that I can prop my feet up. This chair from Kimball / Interstuhl called the Mitos covers that and more. I kept telling my boss that everyone in studio needs one of these. Haha, I know I would certainly use it every day.


I’m sure most of us know that multi-use spaces are a high commodity in today’s work world. We need our conference rooms to double as gathering spaces and ballrooms, theater rooms and galleries, and on the occasion your typical corporate yoga room. This demands a mobile solution, and the table below called Aspire is one of many options out there that offers an alternative to a heavy static conference table. Not only can this table be easily moved, but it also folds in way that allows it to be stored easily as well.


These two products I’ve shown you have had more to do with the functional aspects of office furniture, but in my next blog I want to jump into a little more of the tech and media options that are out there. These are a must in order to keep our work places up to speed with all the new I.T., and play an integral part in the design process.

All photos from www.kimballoffice.com

6 comments:

  1. Rarely this type of blogs are found with a great information.I would love to suggest people to read your blog and share the information.We provide world class designed furniture with a variety of brands. Corporate Furniture Systems We are well known for furniture requirements in various segments like Home, Office, Education, Hospitality and Sports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi This is fantastic and is a legitimate good post . I think it will assist me a lot inside the related stuff and is significantly useful for me.Wonderfully written I appreciate & must say good job..miami cubicles

    ReplyDelete

  3. the Pokemon Go Hacks is the one of

    the best ios,android App tutuapp free store

    to get thetons of free app and game. Panda

    helper apk
    Here the latest version of TutuApp of free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will like it to enjoy our new application: City Car Driving Apk it can be downloaded and used for free.

    ReplyDelete