Friday, September 24, 2010

Out of GAS!

-Irresponsible College Students-

By Rhonda C Daugherty

This previous weekend I set off on another amazing trip to Fairview Heights Mall near St. Louis, Missouri. As a side bar, I need tell you why I earned my trip to the mall. Saturday morning, at 8:15 A.M., I woke up to a bright and beautiful day ready to go to Habitat for Humanity. By the way, the house is really coming along and the dedication is October 6, 2010. Back to the story, I woke up fifteen minutes late but I made it to Habitat. After getting the green friendly insulation all over me and trying to help out at the same time, I went to the Recreational Center to get a well balanced thirty minute workout. I eventually made my deadline to be ready to go to the mall by one o’clock. Moving on, sometimes college students forget about the important things in life and in my roommate’s case this important thing is gas. We were all packed in the car high spirited and ready to spend some money as we near the end of the parking lot the car started to jerk. My roommate then noticed that her gas light was on. It took:

1. Four trips to the gas station
2. One trip to dollar general
3. One trip to Wal-Mart
4. Two guys
5. One embarrassing picture to get the car started

All the time I spent at the mall and the lesson my roommate learned was priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment