Thursday, September 30, 2010

Over the Years

By Scott Fisher


As far back as I can remember, I can remember going on family vacations to New Smyrna Beach, Florida every summer. Often times we would be able to plan ahead and go with my grandparents and sometimes be able to meet with my great uncle and aunt in Florida. These vacations often included time on the beach building sand castles, going to Disney World and eating junk food. Over the years going to New Smyrna has become a tradition, but what has changed? Well first off I have started to pay more attention to buildings and how they are built and designed instead of trying to find the most popular toy on the market. Secondly, I believe what has changed is that I find myself more on the beach than in the ocean. I try now to build unique structures and castles even better than before; that might sound childish, but it’s like a study model for something that I might have an idea for in the future. Lastly, another big change is that some of my family members that use to go on vacation with me have pasted on. This change has seemed to be the hardest but over the years I have gotten stronger.


The more recent years my family and I have stayed at Moon-tide Condominium located right on the beach in New Smyrna. At the first glance at the left picture it looks like a high-rise with a garage underneath. In fact there are three buildings here; one in the front is a below ground parking garage with tennis courts on top, the high-rise that you see is an eight story building built on top of columns that rise up in the air with parking underneath and behind that is a five story building with a pool on top of the fifth story. This Condominium is different than most condos because it’s three different buildings but its all one unique complex. Even though these changes might be the same for everyone, life still changes each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment