Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving



Thanksgiving
By: Megan Gebke
        Thanksgiving is a time to hang out with the people closest to you, eat a ton of food, and relax.  It is especially essential for college students to get a break from school before finals and go home to be with family.  Well the life of an architecture student differs a little bit from that.  Professors expect you to not have a life and work on homework the entire time.  Well my break did not exactly go how they wanted.  I spent time with the people closest to me and got little homework done.  I know that this week and the following week will be super busy, but I am hoping everything will get done.  On break, I had something planned every day and relaxed the little I could.
        This year I got to see most of my family for a couple days.  It was definitely nice to hang out with them and catch up on each other’s’ lives.  Also, being able to see my parents and brothers was really nice because they both had great news.  My brother and sister-in-law are expecting their first child any day and I am patiently waiting for my little nephew to grace us with his presence.  My other brother and sister-in-law announced that they will be having a baby due at the end of June.  I am one super excited aunt!! 
        My boyfriend, who attends Arizona State University, got to come home for a couple days too.  I was thrilled to be able to spend time with him.  After spending a couple days with my family, we drove five hours north to visit his.  I have not had a chance to visit his family since the summer so it was definitely nice to catch up with them.  We attended his childhood neighbor’s wedding.  The weather was a lot colder there than it was in southern Illinois that is for sure.  Thank goodness it did not snow!!!
        Another big part of Thanksgiving that we can thank corporate America for is Black Friday.  The past two years I had to work the crazy shopping day!!  This year, thankfully, my boss told me I didn’t have to work.  It is such a crazy day, where you feel like you are literally running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to help customers.  This year I got to stay home Thanksgiving night and not worry about waking up to be at work at 12am back in Carbondale!!
        Now that I am done writing this blog, it is back to crunch time for the end of the school year! Saying help to no sleep and LOADS of caffeine!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment