Friday, March 25, 2016

An advice for your thesis


By: Andy Cunningham

Hey everybody how it going? I hope everyone’s spring break was good, and is ready for the final run to the end of the year. I didn’t end up going anywhere exciting, but I did use it, as a former classmate said, to recharge and fin some new inspiration in a place somewhere other than Carbondale. Just being able to get away for a while was super beneficial for me, I think I’ve made more progress over the last 7 days than I had in the previous couple weeks. Each decision that I’m making is making me more and more excited about this project. In the beginning I’ll admit that I was working because I knew I had to had certain things done for our first review, but now I’m moving along and I want to work on it because I’m excited to see where it’s going to go instead of just, I need to have this much done for a review, and its making things a lot less stressful. If I can say one thing, it would be to not work on a project just because you have to get it done, I’ve been there it doesn’t make the project as much fun as it could be, but to do it because you want to see where it will go. I know not every reading this may be even pursuing architecture after they get there degree, but working on a project for you and not just the class will give you a better result overall, and give you a product that you can use as a portfolio piece in the future.

Sometimes it’s good to take a break for a while, and try to think of a project in another way. It may not seem like it at first because there a chance you’re scrambling just to get it done, but if you can do it. I know it helps me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment