Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spring Break

By Ethan Brammeier


Spring break was last week and it was like every other spring break I’ve had – a week to catch up.  While other college students go to Florida or other exciting places, the majority of architecture students spend it on their computers or in their beds.  Every year of college I have spent spring break either working or catching up on projects. 
The first day of spring break I had surgery and spent the rest of break lying around with my body numb from drugs.  I actually didn’t mind the surgery because it gave me a reason to work on my thesis.  When I got home from surgery I wasn’t really in the mood to work on anything so I spent the rest of the day watching TV.  Every other day I spent a good majority of the day working on my thesis.  The rest of that week I finished a majority of my building floor plans.  I have the first floor nearly finished and about 75% of the second floor developed.  I also modeled a portion of the building in Revit so I could play with materials.  Part of the reason why I chose stone and brick as a material was to match the duplexes near the site.  Below are images of the first floor plan to my assisted living facility and a quick rendering of what building materials I plan to use. 

First Floor Plan

Revit Rendering

No comments:

Post a Comment