Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Winter Break Part 2

By Robert Musial


Sorry it took me so long to do the winter break part 2 but I was compressing some videos and pictures with my younger brother (Peter) to make a YouTube video. The link will be include in the post. I will also include some pictures from the trip. First off I went on a vacation ski trip to Colorado from December 28, 2014 to January 3, 2015. We drove from Addison, IL to Dillon, CO, the drive took about 18 hours. While begin out in Colorado I met up with one of my old roommate Matt Ollmann, he finished his architectural studies undergrad at SIU with us and he went to continue to his masters of architecture at University of Colorado Denver. While begin in Colorado we have purchased a 3 day Epic Pass. The Epic Pass allows unlimited access to Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Park City, Canyons, Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood, Afton Alps, Mt. Brighton, and Arapahoe Basin. We got to do 2 days in Breckenridge and 1 day in Vail. While being at Breckenridge we have gotten to hike up to one of the bowls, Peak 8. Peak 8 is 13,000 feet in elevation, which is above the tree-line, the bowls are in my opinion the best. The bowls are usually were the freshest snow is at and since there are no trees it allows for to maneuver in any direction you would like. We also got to take the jeep up through the Loveland Pass. The Loveland pass is located on the Continental Divide and it highest elevation is 11,990 feet. We had mounted the Go Pro to the top of the Jeep and took some footage. The footage will be in the YouTube video. Also while being in Colorado I got to spend two days in Denver. While being in Denver I gotten to spend a lot of time on 16th street. This was my first time going snowboarding in Colorado over winter break. I would recommend going not going over the holiday season because you will spend a lot of time waiting in lines for the lift. I believe one the best time to go is during spring. For example all the ski resort in Colorado have been pounded with snow over this last week. I hope you enjoy the video and pictures from the trip.

Image 1: Snowboarders 

Image 2: GoPro Jeep

Image 3: Loveland Pass

Image 4: Peak 8

Image 5: Lift 


<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bhh_ro7YN3U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


No comments:

Post a Comment