Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Finals Week Blog

By Mehgan Shanahan

Well everyone here we go again!! I'm going to apologize in advance because this week is my finals week and we are in crunch time! My final is this Friday, so I am in a rush to get it all done in time.
I do have to say I can't believe that we are so close to the end of the semester. I feel like the entire semester has just flown by so quickly. On a more personal note I had an eventful thanksgiving break. I did a lot of work but also had a lot of fun. My thanksgiving was in Chicago, and every year my family attends the Thanksgiving Day parade, which is always a blast. That evening we ate a turkey delicious dinner at my aunt’s place.  Though I spend a lot of the day on my computer doing work it was nice seeing my family. On black Friday, my mother, sister, and I went out and did a lot of Christmas shopping! That only lasted so long because after I had to get right back to my final studio work. Finally back in Carbondale my group and I have been working like crazy to finish out model and preparing our presentation boards.  I hope to have images of this amazing model for you in the next blog!
I am so excited about not only finishing this semester but also that finishing this semester marks the half way mark to finishing my masters degree. I am half way through the 15-month program and only two semesters left! I just graduated from UIC last May and now I am so close to finishing this one! Other good things I found out today is that next semester I will be the TA for Professor Rolando Gonzalez who will be teaching the online masters studio next semester. That program will be creating a project similar to what I have done this semester for studio. Overall I really had a great semester and I feel so blessed to have such a great support system, especially my parents and my sister. I cannot wait for Christmas break, and I will talk to you all in two weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment