Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Two Days to Go

By Nick Bosman

This is it! This is the last of this semester. We present on Friday and I am thinking of all of the things I need to do before then. It feels good to know how my building looks and how it goes together. Now all I hope is that I thought of everything and know the right thing to say when the reviewers ask questions. In other words, I will have to rehearse a little what I will say to defend myself in the line of fire.
            The toughest part of this semester was working with a group on the entire site plan, then doing our own site plan within that site plan. It’s like architecture inception. Working together and by yourself for the project for the semester can get on one’s nerves if it is not done right. Communication is the most important part of the whole thing. Groups just always need to know what each other are doing or no one will get anything done. It’s frustrating at times, but then sometimes it goes rather smoothly. Sometimes it goes really well. I have had groups where everyone was in contact and showed up on time, for the most part, when we meet.
            At this point, however, everyone wants to do more work than before. Earlier in the semester, no one felt the need to do as much as two days before the assignment is due. I am in a decent place I would say. I am a little behind according to my usual habits, but not fatally so. I have confidence we will get it together before this deadline. The only other class I need to worry about at this point is ARC 541. We have to finish the rest of the panels. But, luckily I have gotten A’s on all of them so far, so revisions will not take too much.
            At the end of the day on Friday, we will all feel relieved of the pressure, and some of us will just pass out right when we get home. Once I finish my board, I can worry about the models and the group board after. Sounds like a lot, and it can be, but I have ideas flowing that will make it better to do.

            I am ready for break and all of the things I can do to prepare for my thesis. I am wanting to visit Marlins Park in Miami. It is my main case study because it is LEED Gold certified. Other than that, I would like to travel to Montreal but that may be doubtful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment