Tuesday, September 2, 2014

New Semester, New Beginnings

by: Olivia Diaz


Welcome Back!

As the fall semester is well on its way, so are the architecture students over at Quigley. The halls are filled with new students as well as with returning, ready to endure those all nighters, and mental breakdowns. (Which don’t occur that often…)
First of all, my name is Olivia, and I am currently a grad student at Southern Illinois University Carbondale. I recently graduated with my Bachelors from here as well this past May. I started the Masters program during the summer and will hopefully graduate next May with my Masters in Architecture. This year I will be keeping you updated by sharing my colleagues’ posts as to what they work on throughout the school year, as well as to what happens in the daily life of a Saluki.
This fall semester Professor McDonald, and Professor Gonzalez will be teaching fall studio. Professor. Gonzalez is joining us, starting his second semester here at SIUC, previously worked/lived in Spain. With that being said it will bring a new perspective to our studio. The 6 international students with us this fall will add to the diversity and expertise in the studio. Hopefully everyone is excited to see what this year will bring. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment