Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Story So Far


By Nicholas S. Ouellette
            You’re back! I’ve been patiently waiting here for over a week for you to return just so I can tell you my story about how I got started in architecture, don’t mind the long scraggly beard and the loud growling of my stomach, it will pass soon. I hope you are comfortable and brought your popcorn because this is going to be a good story. Oh, you didn’t bring any? Well, we can just go on without it I guess. I was hoping you might bring some so I can eat since I haven’t eaten in a week, I didn’t want to leave in case you came back. I guess I could have ordered a pizza or something…oh well back to the story. Are you ready? Okay let us begin.
            It all started back in the year 2008, I know it’s a long time ago but bear with me. I was beginning my senior of high school and things were going quite well for me. I had easy classes [for the most part], I had a small group of friends that I would hang out with on most days after class, and I even had a job working for a pizza place near my house. Yep, things were quite good for this young man during my late teen years. All of that changed one day though when I arrived at school in the morning.
            I began to walk through the halls one early winter morning and there was an ominous feeling in the air that I couldn’t quite figure out. As I began to walk the halls more I started to hear a few strange noises coming from the other side of the building. I headed that way to investigate the noises but was interrupted by a young girl who was running around the corner and had bumped into me.
I asked her what was going on and why she was in such a hurry but she didn’t say anything. I could feel a cold wet sensation on my arms though as she was huddled up next to me with her head on my chest. I looked down and noticed a strange purple goo was all over her hands and body that I must have not seen as she ran into me just moments ago. I jumped away from her as the purple goo began to trickle onto my arms and torso, “What the hell is this?!” I screamed but once again she didn’t say anything and just looked at me with a blank stare.
            I decided that I wasn’t going to get any information from this young girl so I continued my journey down the hall to get to the bottom of these noises that continued to get louder and louder. I looked behind to see if the girl was still huddled in the hallway but she was gone, all that was left was a small puddle of the purple goo that she was covered in when I encountered her.
            The walk down the hallway was becoming more and more eerie as I continued my investigation as to what was going on. The halls started to show more presence of this strange purple gunk, it was all over the walls and had begun to spill into the classrooms also. It was almost as if there had been some kind of explosion in the hall and the gunk was the result of it. It was at that moment that I turned the corner and realized that something was very, very wrong at my high school that day. Let’s just say that what I saw when I turned the corner almost made me regurgitate what I had eaten for breakfast that day. The sight my eyes had landed on was a man’s body that was…wait, wait, WAIT! This has absolutely nothing to do with how I got started in architecture! This is just what occurred on one day of my senior year of high school, it was a very interesting and terrifying day though I must say.
            Let me guess, you want me to continue the story of that one day right? What about the start of my architecture career? Isn’t that why you came back to me after all this time? Oh, you just wanted to hear a story and you felt bad for leaving me last week? Alright, I see how it is. I guess I can continue my story then if it makes you happy.
            Now, where were we? Ah yes, the sight my eyes had landed on was a man’s body that was…

No comments:

Post a Comment