Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Residential Design

By Meghan Shanahan


Hey welcome back and happy early Halloween! I am so excited to be down at southern for Halloween, I bet it is going to be a blast, though I have no clue what I want to be and it’s only two days away. Since we last talked I feel like only minor changes have happened.
My master-planning group is pretty developed I really have a great group that has really worked hard. I will refresh your memory and explain the project once again. We are looking at the site for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janiero and taking part of AECOM’s “legacy” plan and redeveloping it. Then from there we choose to design either residential or hotel. Image 1 is a diagram of our master plan from midterm two weeks ago. The brown residential area on the right side of the diagram is the area that I will be designing. I changed the plan since then I will now have eight buildings instead of nine and there are two different size buildings. I am breaking my buildings into four groups of buildings, which will be connected in the middle with a stairway that will reach each floor. Each connection will include one big building and one small. All of the smaller buildings are four stories and consist of 3 apartments per floor except for the first story that will have parking for itself and it’s connected building. Where as the bigger building are three stories with four apartments on each floor. When I have my plans a little further developed I will share them with you.
As for all my other classes they have been going well, we have been developing our structure for the eight residential structures in studio.  My thesis has not changed much, we just started working on our chapter three which is the program analysis. I can tell you that I am so excited to work on my thesis. When I was in undergrad the idea of a thesis was so terrifying but now that I am so close to it I cannot wait for it to come!
Thanks for reading, see you in November!

No comments:

Post a Comment